Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CANCER IS THE ENEMY-CANCER IS NO FRIEND - WRITINGS ON CANCER

One has often heard the term Melanoma, especially since John Mcain ran for president and the issue of Skin Cancer and Melanoma kept cropping up. John McCain is a survivor of many things and one is Melanoma, a form of cancer that begins with Melanocytes(Cell that make pigment Melanin). It sometimes, but not always begins as a Mole – skin Melanoma – but can also start in other pigmented areas. There are over 60,000 new cases of Melanoma each year in the USA - with about 8,400 deaths. Melanoma is a very aggressive form of skin Cancer – for more information please go to the Melanoma Information Page of the National Cancer Institute.

Cancer is the enemy,
Cancer is no friend,
Cancer, Cancer smiles at me,
But it really wants my end,

Cancer came behind my back,
Reminding my of life,
Cancer is my enemy,
It fills my days with strife,

Cancer has to be annulled,
Cancer always lies.
Cancer, Cancer – stay away,
Your existence needs to die.

More Cancer Writings

0 comments: